At P2P, A FedEx Company, we bring some of the biggest retailers in the UK to the doorsteps of customers all over the world. By solving the delivery challenges many companies find holding them back, we help make reaching new markets a reality by offering innovative, cost-effective parcel deliveries to global destinations.
Technology Solutions Carrier Integrator
- Laindon, Essex
ABOUT THE ROLE...
As part of the Technology Solutions Carrier Integrator you will report directly to the Technology Solutions Manager. You will manage technical carrier integrations from design to BAU support. Additionally, you will manage other integrations that are not related to the carrier team from design to BAU support. This will include any service that needs to integrate and interact with P2P technology.
- Liaising with the carrier management team to scope new integrations and write up technical documentation for our development team.
- Information gathering to ensure all requirements are met and all information is obtained to fully integrate a new carrier in to our platform.
- Manage the carrier integration from implementation to delivery and support that integration going forward.
- Cross-skill with other members of the Technology Solutions team in order to be able to assist in other areas of the platform life cycle.
- Maintain relationships with technical contacts at each carrier.
- Taking a leading role in integrating any external library or module in to the P2P technology stack.
The person appointed shall have a very good understanding of API’s and how they work. They should be able to read and understand technical documentation and be able to translate that in to carefully crafted development plan.
The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple works streams at the same time and be able to structure their work accordingly.
Maintaining good relationships is a key requirement as the successful candidate will be required to work very closely with our carrier management team and also our external carriers that are being integrated into the platform.
Previous experience in international logistics is preferred and experience as a Technical Business Analyst is would be useful.
The person appointed shall be able to work in a team and be able to work efficiently and effectively in a busy and stressful environment where time is of the essence. A general education to GCSE level A-C is required, including the following key skills:
- A very good understanding of API’s and their use.
- A very good understanding of CSV files and their construction.
- An understanding of file transfers i.e FTP / SFTP, HTTP POST.
- Troubleshooting and technical support.
- Excellent communication skills.
A good degree of personal organisation and the ability to manage a wide range of tasks simultaneously; backed up by good organisational ability will be required. They will be expected to work well within a team environment and be a good communicator to all levels within our supplier and internal/external customer bases.
A pleasant, outgoing personality and efficient technique/manner is essential. The ability to learn quickly and adapt to change efficiently is also a key requirement.
Apply for this role
Thank you for contacting us.
A member of our team will be in touch shortly.